The Real Ones After All

"It is the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

We could all stand to be a bit more attentive to the simple things in life. The numerous blessings God scatters in our lives that we take for granted. All the beauty that we never stop and notice while it's here, but would miss painfully if it were suddenly gone.
So I've started "The Real Ones After All": a weekly, Wednesday blog event. I'd be pleased if you'd do it on your own blog!
The Lord takes pleasure in showering up with little gifts. I'm sure He'd be pleased if we took a little time each week to thank Him! :)

The simple things I'm thankful for today:


A dash to the mailbox in pouring rain without an umbrella. Because sometimes we need to stop worrying about getting wet, and feel raindrops against our skin.

Sweet, chubby, Gracie arms reaching around my neck for a hug- need I say more? :)

Homemade hot cocoa where the mugful is as dark and deep as the Black Hole of Calcutta :)

The purring of my black pussy. If someone were to ask me where in creation God placed leisure and domestic comfort, I'd answer "in the purring of a cat by the fireside on a rainy evening" :)

Feeling the baby kick and wiggle when I put cold hands on Mama's tummy.

~Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment