I Feel a New Passion Coming On ;)

I have had a new passion shaping up recently. You wanna know what it is?
*happy sigh*

Costume designing. Specifically for period dramas. Like the BBC movies! :)

Okay. So I don't know anything about designing clothing, as of yet, but I can sew, and I love costumes, and love drawing elaborate clothing so it all kind of fits together! (Right?)
So I found a couple of costume designer's blogs and discovered through the grapevine that the BBC people get many of their costumes from Cosprop. Click Here to swoon with delight.... :)
You'll be invited to wander through a gallery of pictures... and you might find me fainted away in some corner over the beautiful costumes. :P

Unfortunately I can't share any pictures, so you'll have to go over and look at them yourself, but here is the sort of costume I'd love to design...


The "Think of Me" dress...


Pride and Prejudice! Wedding clothes! What could be better? ;)


The costumes in the 2009 Emma were superb, I thought! :)

Not sure what movie this is, but that dress is so neat! :) (maybe "Daniel Deronda?")

Love this dress of Jo March's in Little Women! :)

So this is where my little creative side of my brain has been wandering from time to time. Now if only Daniel would decide to make period dramas for a living.... ;) And give me free reign of the fabric store! :D -Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment